Games and Sports Current Affairs in November 2020
Read Current Affairs on Quickbytes and stay updated with latest Current Affairs events on daily basis. Our daily Current affairs on Games & Sports in November 2020 are for all those aspirants preparing for various competitive exams and entrance tests like Bank PO & Clerk, IBPS PO, Insurance SSC, PSC, UPSC and more.
Current Affairs- Games and Sports – 30th November 2020
Archery Association of India gets recognized as a National Sports Federation
-By, Dr. Rituparna Dubey
The Archery Association of India has been granted the annual recognition by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports as a National Sports Federation (NSF), after its recognition was withdrawn last year. This recognition shall validate its elections which were held for the new office-bearers earlier this year
Current Affairs- Games and Sports – 15th November 2020
Lewis Hamilton wins 2020 Driver’s Championship Title
Lewis Hamilton has won the 2020 Driver’s Championship Title by securing his victory in Formula-1 DHL Turkish Grand Prix 2020 held at Istanbul, Turkey. Hamilton has equaled Michael Schumacher’s record after winning 91 races on 12th October 2020.
- Lewis Hamilton is a popular British driver from Mercedes AMG-Petronas Racing Team.
- Hamilton has won the 2008, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Driver’s Championship Title.
- Mercedes Racing Team has won 7th successive Formula 1 Constructors Title after Hmilton’s victory at 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.
- Lewis Hamilton is the most successful driver in the history of Formula 1 racing.
Current Affairs- Games and Sports- 10th November 2020
Chen Meng wins Dishang ITTF Women’s World Cup 2020
Cheng Meng of China has won the 2020 Dishang International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Women’s World Cup 2020 title by defeating Han Ying of Germany. It was the 24th edition of ITTF Women’s World Cup.
Venue- Weihai Nanhai Olympic Center, Weihai, China
Date- 8th to 10th November 2020
- Chen is the first women to win the title after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mima Ito of Japan won the Bronze medal by defeating Han Ying of Germany.
- Chen Meng currently holds the 1st place in ITTF Women’s Rankings (as on November, 2020)
- Thomas Weikert is the President of ITTF. It has its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- ITTF Men’s World Cup 2020 will also be held at Weihai, China from 13th to 15th November 2020.
Highlights of the Dream 11 Indian Premier League 2020
13th edition of Indian Premier League started from 19th September 2020 and concluded on 10th September. Dream 11 got the official sponsorship of the T20 Tournament after Chinese handset maker, Oppo pulled back from sponsorship amid the growing border tensions between India and China.
Duration- 53 days
Total Matches- 60
Winner- Mumbai Indians
Runner Up- Delhi Capitals
Venue- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Administered by- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
- This was the 2nd time when the complete tournament was played outside India to COVID-19 Pandemic, after IPL 2009 (2nd edition) that was held in South Africa.
- The matches were played at Dubai International Cricket Stadium (Dubai), Sharjah Cricket Stadium (Sharjah) and Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium (Abu Dhabi).
- Indian player, K L Rahul of Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) won the Orange Cap for scoring most runs (670 runs in 14 matches) in IPL 2020. He was also awarded with the ‘Game Changer of the Season’ Award
- South African player, Kagiso Rabada of Delhi Capital (DC) won the Purple Cap for taking most wickets (30 wickets in 17 matches) in IPL 2020.
- English player, Jofra Archer of Rajasthan Royals (RR) has been awarded the ‘Most Valuable Player’ Award.
- Mumbai Indian also won the Paytm Fairplay Awards.
- Australian cricketer, Pat Cummins of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) was the most expensive player of IPL . He was bought for Rs. 15 crores.
- Indian player, Devdutt Padikkal of Royal Challenger’s Bangalore (RCB) received the Emerging Player Award for scoring 473 runs that included 5 half-centuries.
- Trent Boult of MI won the ‘Powerplayer of the Season Award’. He plays for New Zealand National Cricket Team.
- Keiron Pollard of MI won the ‘Super Striker of the Season’ Award. He plays for West Indies National Cricket
- Indian player, Ishan Kishan of MI scored most sixes in this season. He scored 30 sixes in 14 matches.
- Indian Cricketer, Piyush Chawla was the most expensive Indian player in this season. He was sold for Rs. 6.75 crores.
- K L Rahul scored the highest individual runs in an inning in the IPL History. He scored 132 runs in 69 deliveries against RCB.
Mumbai Indians defeat Delhi Capitals to lift the 13th Indian Premier League Trophy
Mumbai Indians (MI) has won the 13th Indian Premier League (IPL) by defeating Delhi Capitals (DC) by 5 wickets. Trent Boult of MI has won the Player of the Match title for taking 3 wickets in 4 overs.
Date- 10th November 2020
Venue- Dubai International Cricket Stadium, UAE
- MI received a prize money of 20 crores while the runner up, DC received 12.5 crores.
- MI has become the second franchise team to win two consecutive IPL trophies after Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
- MI has become the first team to win 5 IPL trophies. They won IPL IN 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020.
- Mukesh Ambani, NitaAmbani and Reliance Industries Limited are the owners of the Mumbai Indians franchise.
- Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians was at the top of the points table at the end of the playoffs.
- Sri Lanka’s former batsman, Mahela Jayavardene was the Head Coach of the winning team.
Also stay updated with :
Current Affairs- Games and Sports – 9th November
Highlights of 49th Paris Masters
The 49th edition of Paris Master was held at Paris, France from 2nd to 8th November 2020. Rolex was the official sponsor of Paris Masters 2020. The tournament is a part of 2020 ATP Tour.
Venue- Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy (Bercy Arena), Paris, France
Surface Type- Hard Court
- Russian Tennis Player, Daniel Medvedev won his first Paris Masters Singles title by defeating Alexander Zverev of Germany.
- Daniel’s current title is his 8th ATP title which has taken him to the 4th rank in the ATP Rankings.
- Felix Auger- Aliassime of Canada and Hubert Hurkacz of Poland won the 2020 Rolex Paris Masters Doubles Title by defeating Mate Pavic of Croatia and Bruno Soares of Brazil.
- Spanish Tennis Player Rafael Nadal became the fourth player after Jimmy Connors, Roger Federer and Ivan Lendl to win 1,000 matches by defeating Feliciano Lopez of Spain.
- Rolex Paris Master 2020 was the last title of the Men’s season
Trailblazers win Women’s T20 Challenge 2020
Smriti Mandhana led IPL Trailblazers has won the 3rd edition of Women’s T20 Challenge by defeating the Supernovas by 16 runs in the finals. Harmanpreet Kaur led the Supernovas who won the last year’s title.
Date- 9th November 2020
Venue- Sharjah Cricket Stadium, UAE
Name of the Tournament- Jio Women’s T20 Challenge
Administered by- Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI)
- The 20 overs tournament started on 4th November 2020.
- The tournament had three teams, Trailblazers, Supernovas an Velocity.
- A total of 4 matches were played out of which 3 were the league matches.
- Trailblazers topped the points table followed by the Supernovas.
- Trailblazers won their 1st WT20 Challenge title this year.
- India female Cricketer, Radha Yadav was named as the ‘Player of the series’. She became the highest wicket taker in the tournament with 8 wickets.
- Sri Lankan female Crickeer, Chamari of Supernovas became the highest run scorer of the tournament with 117 runs.
Current Affairs-Sports News - 4th November 2020
Marlon Samuels retires from all forms of Cricket
West Indies Batsman, Marlon Samuels has announced his formal retirement from all formats of Cricket at the age of 39. He was a right-handed batsman and a right arm off-break bowler.
Date of retirement- 4thNovember 2020
- Marlon Samuels is the 1st player to receive 2 Player of the Final awards in the history of ICC T20 Cricket.
- He was a part of the T20 World Cup winning team of West Indies in 2012 and 2016.
- He is the scorer of highest runs in a T20 final as he scored 85 in the finals of ICC T20 World Cup 2016 in held India.
- Apart from playing for his country, he also played for franchise cricket teams like Pune Warriors and Delhi Daredevils in IPL and Melbourne Renegades in Big Bash League (BBL).
Current Affairs- Sports News- 3rd November 2020
Shane Watson retires from all forms of Cricket
Australian Cricketer, Shane Watson has announced his retirement at the age of 39 from all forms of Cricket on November 3rd. He retired from International Cricket in 2015 but continued to play in Franchise Cricket Tournaments like IPL (Indian Premier League) and PSL (Pakistan Super League).
- Watson made his debut in the international cricket in 2002 against South Africa.
- He has played 58 T20s, 190 ODIs and 59 test matches for his country.
- He was a part of the World Cup Winning Teams in 2007 and 2015.
- He played his last match in the Franchise Cricket Tournament, Indian Premier League for Chennai Super Kings (CSK) at Abu Dhabi, UAE
- He has been awarded with Allan Border Medal in 2010 and 2011.
- Apart from CSK, he has also played for Sydney Sicers, Sydney Thundrs and Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash League and Rajasthan Royals in IPL.
Current Affairs-Games and Sports News - 1st November 2020
Hamilton wins Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2020
Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes has won the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2020 on 1st November. This marked the 93rd Formula 1 victory. Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes team finished at 2nd place while DANIEL Ricciardo of Renault finshed at the 3rd place.
Event- Formula 1 Emirates Gran Premio dell’Emilia Romagna 2020
Venue- Autudromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola Italy
Organised By- Federation Internationale de l’ Automobile (FIA)
- The event was the 13th round of Formula1 World Championship.
- With the Mercedes team finishing at 1st and 2nd place for the 7th time makes an all time world for the Mercedes team for wining 7 successive Formula 1 Constructors title overtaking Team Ferrari.
- Lewis Hamilton is leading in the 2020 Driver’s Championship Title with 282 points followed by Valtteri Bottas.
- Mercedes- AMG Petronas F1 Team is a subsidiary of Mercedes Benz.
- The team is popularly known as ‘Silver Arrows’.